Friday, June 24, 2011

Grandma's House

Hello RawPeeps/FoodFans/HappyEaters :::

It all started out with an innocent trip to Grandma's house.

I was on day three of a thirty day 100% raw food extravaganza.
And then lil silly me decides to go visit Grandma's house.

What are grandmas famous for???

Home cooked meals. Comfort foods. And cookies. Lord oh lord...
Chocolate chip cookies.

I have been about 90% raw over the past two months. What has
consumed my 10% non-raw, might you ask?

Cookies.

I have zero willpower when it comes to cookies. Especially
chocolate chip cookies.

What, might you ask, does Grandma keep in her freezer, just for
hungry-trying-to-be-100%-raw-grand-daughters? Chocolate chip
cookies.

Have you ever had a chocolate chip cookie frozen? A doughy,
huge, grandma-style extra chocolate chips cookie?

If I could eat one food every day for the rest of my life and it
have no negative effects on the size of my derriere, it would be
chocolate chip cookies.

So, magically, I went back to my old ways at Grandma's house.
Sure, I still had some salads. Even my raw savory veggie stews a
couple of times. I even had smoothies for breakfast. But
somewhere between post lunch and pre dinner, I would secretly
sneak my way into the kitchen for more cookies.

After 5 days of delicious cookie crumbles in the mouth, I have
extracted my self from Grandma's house. It was like a bad
episode of
TaraInTheWillieWonkaChocolateFactoryTurnedGrandma'sHouse.
And now I'm out. And back to my original program.

Thanks for letting me be honest. I figured this was the only way.

And yes, I am human and humans sometimes say they're going
to do one thing for 30 days and then don't.

And now I have the scale (now 3 lbs in 5 days heavier) to point and laugh
and mock me for being so naughty.

I, Tara Cheney, am a sinner.

But I have also forgiven myself. Because someone needs to and
that someone might as well be me.

And now, I shall go back to my salad.

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Get back on the horse Tara! You can do it!!!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back, sister! So back! <3 YOU!

    ReplyDelete