Monday, June 28, 2010

Day One

Today was officially Day One of Tara's Rawvolution! I felt great and my tummy thanked me!

Today's Rawsome menu consisted of:

Breakfast: Flax/Milk Thistle Seed/Kale/Amond Milk/Banana/Blueberry/Cocoa Powder Milkshake (my favorite breakfast choice & something I enjoy almost daily)

Lunch: (the most amazing salad ever) Kale/Spinach/Escarole/Cilantro/Beet/Mint/Shredded Carrot/Raisin/Avocado/Walnut/Ani's Orange Miso Dressing (from pg. 101 & left over from yesterday)

Plus Ani's Asparagus (pg 152 minus the Cheezy Sauce)

And for dessert, Ani's Chocolate Raisin Bark (pg 75 in Ani's Raw Food Desserts)... This one was also a smashing hit with the peeps at the office (I had to share so I wouldn't eat it all). My favorite remark "MMMMM.... So smooth!).

SNACK: Nectarine (in season right now and soooo yummy!)

DINNER: **special note** I was so full from all the yummy food today, that I really wasn't that hungry dinner (this was a first for me). This could also be in part because I got distracted from dinner by some rather large sales at Target and Old Navy on my way home.... (shhh)

HOWEVER, I did feel the need to tag down another recipe from Ani's uncookbook, since it is Day One and I need to kick this Rawvolution off right, I took one for the team (it was rough, let me tell you) and created Ani's Creamy Curry Dressing (page 96). This is a Curry dressing with ginger (yum), apple, lemon juice, curry powder, garlic, sea salt, & extra virgin olive oil all blended together and topped on greens for an extra yummy dinner salad. I didn't stick with Ani's recommendations for adding the dressing on top of rainbow chard, cabbage, dill, rosemary & cilantro... Instead I used what I had in my fridge: kale, spinach, escarole and cilantro. I also added some cashews and raisins. This was a super happy salad.

It's a good thing that I like salads, because so far, all I've had time for at my meals are just that... Definitely looking forward to creating some of Ani's other recipes that mimic cooked fare.

DESSERT & my favorite part of my day: Chocolate Raisin Bark again (shocker, I know)

Here's to a happy tummy and a smaller ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment