Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day Two

Today's feature recipe comes from my favorite food group: Dessert.

This whole entire Rawvolution would not be possible if it did not include this most delicious category. Luckily my new BFF Ani Phyo has an entire un-cookbook dedicated to this very subject.


Flip to page 115 of Ani's Raw Food Desserts, and the crowd goes wild! Cookies! My most favorite thing ever. Carob Walnut Cookies are the special delectable treat you will find on joyous page 115. How do you make "raw cookies" one might ask?

  • 1 cup raisins
  • 3/4 cup raw walnuts
  • 1/4 cup raw carob powder
  • 1 teaspoon mesquite powder (available in the raw section of the Boise Co-Op)
  • 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Process until dough begins to stick together. Press the dough into 2-inch cookie cutters placed on a tray lined with parchment paper (or if you are uncool like me and don't own cookie cutters, roll them into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls and flatten). The cookies should be 1/3 to 1/2 an inch thick. Place in freezer for 3o minutes. Remove from freezer and thaw for 5 minutes before eating. The best part... you can make a big batch and they will keep for many weeks in the fridge/freezer. However from my personal experience, they will not last longer than one day. The second best part... You can eat as much cookie dough as you want and you won't get sick from raw eggs!

VOILA:

(Please note that I am a cheater and the picture above is a picture from the uncookbook - mine were not nearly as pretty).


Special Side Note - I took a picture today of my beautiful lunch salad, just to prove how pretty they make me feel when I eat them:

One final thought... I refuse to give up the fight to reduce the size of my two friends that follow me around each day - aka Ass Cheek One and Ass Cheek Two. Today, the ass minizing saga continued with me converting my desk to a standing desk... Good bye desk chair, may you rest in peace. Here's some motivation for you and why I did it: Is Your Desk Job Bad for Your Health? Never give up the fight, baby!

Peace Out Small Booty Scouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment