Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day Zero


I am calling today "Day Zero" because today is the day I decided to begin my journey through Ani Phyo's Raw Food Kitchen cookbook (or should I say "un-cookbook") and switch from a vegan to a raw diet! Pretty sure I am the newly self-elected president of Ani Phyo's fan club... I heart her. Seriously.

Here is my personal experiment in becoming the Julie of Julie & Julia of Raw Foods...

I have two goals:

1) Consume only raw foods by trying each & every recipe in Ani's Raw Food Kitchen.

2) Lose 18 lbs, bringing me to a fantabulous 135 lbs (goal #1 plus regular exercise should easily bring me to this goal). Do the math and that means that today I weighed in at 153 lbs (insert gasp here), totally porkalicious for my 5' 7" frame.


Here's the very most recent picture of me at an 80's party last weekend:




Yes, I am pushing up my bicep and yes, I am sucking in my fabulous sugar-loving gut.


Here's how I prefer to look... That is me in 2007 at approximately 140 lbs:





Yes, my goal is to be 135 lbs (fist pump)!!

So, now we've established the goals, next it's time for ACTION. Today for a test run, I made:

- Beet Salad with Orange Miso Dressing (super yummy!) - Pg. 101 in Ani's Raw Food Kitchen

- Raisin Bark (This was so amazingly delicious & I ate so much of it that I am quite certain I will never hit my weight loss goal if I make this ever again. So. Good. On. The. Lips.) - Page 75 in Ani's Raw Food Desserts

Today is Day Zero because I had one last cooked celebratory breakfast of oatmeal with blueberries, banana, & walnuts (my favorite) this morning. Okay, I'll admit I had some sauteed tofu for dinner too in honor of my upcoming rawvolution. Farewell, hot food! RIP.

Tomorrow is Day 1. Giddeup!

No comments:

Post a Comment