Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day Ten

I'm back in the blog saddle aka bladdle and am going to take a break from my sister from another mister Ani Phyo to recap my Tour de Raw of Los Angeles over the 4th of July weekend. LA hosts a plethora of exclusively raw restaurants (yes - raw restaurants do exist to my excitement). Here's a quick recap:




  • Thursday Lunch - Googled "raw" on the GPS and found Sunpower Natural Cafe in Studio City. The extra friendly server recommended their Raw Supreme Pizza - Crunchy sunflower seed crust with marinara sauce, cashew cheese, savory SunPower "sausage", tomatoes and marinated peppers and onions. I died just a little bit as I devoured this. SO. GOOD. ON. THE. LIPS.



  • Friday Night - Visited Planet Raw in Santa Monica. Pretty sure I have never been so full as I was after my raw party here. Tried their "Signature Elixirs" (a delicious concoction of wine, fruit, honey, nut mylk, etc.) - YUM! Started with spring rolls & bruschetta, continued the frenzy with their Cheezy Kelp (tasted like warm angelhair pasta in a cream aka "kream" sauce - DELISH), and Macho Nachos... Yes - all of these items were raw! Then, we shook out some room for dessert... chocolate tiramisu. Double Yum. This place was super posh and I left in pain from the large amount of yumminess I crammed into my tummy. So much for the "Raw and Skinny Plan.




  • Saturday Night - Visited Mooi in Silverlake. This place was super quaint with their menu pasted inside the cover of Doctor Seuss books... Crushable. For apps, we enjoyed sliced tomatoes with pumpkin seed pesto, wild foraged greens, and the main event included corn tamales with sour cream and cacao mole (yes - all raw... RAW RAW RAW!!!). Dessert was the most fabulous part... Some sort of "cheesecake thing" with nuts and chocolate and (sigh) it was pure heaven.





  • Sunday - Euphoria Loves Rawvolution in Santa Monica. This place was quite zen-like and full of happy chai milk shakes, chocolate mint shakes, fun rolls and a "snickers" ice cream cookie for dessert. My tummy thanked me.



LA is a gracious host to raw lovers... Dear non-LA's of the world: Look out! The Rawvolution is headed your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment