Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 18

Today, once again, I skipped the recipe books and free-styled my dinner. It ended up strange but good. And my tummy was happy after. My creation is going to be called Green Goo. Here's what I did:

Take 1 corn on the cob ear, de-cob (is that a word?) and place in a bowl.
Food process the following ingredients:
  • 3 roma tomatoes
  • 1/2 red onion
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 small jalapeno - seeds removed
  • 8 leaves of basil
  • 1 small zuchini
  • approx. 4 cups spinach
  • 1 avocado
  • 1 lime, peeled
  • chives
  • cilantro
  • chili powder
  • cumin
  • No salt seasoning (I recommend Braggs Kelp style)
* Special note - the better the ingredients, the better the dish. I recommend using as much local, organic, fresh produce as possible. (Special thanks to Dad aka Tim Cheney for contributing the majority of the ingredients above from his organic garden.)

The items above make a pretty green paste, which you mix with the corn, sprinkle nutritional yeast on top for a "cheese" flavor and VOILA! You have Green Goo!


Had I been a real rawfoodpimp and had some in stock, I would have eaten this with raw chips or crackers. Without, it still made my tummy very happy and full.

Cheers to being a rawkstar! MEOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment