Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 22

It has been 22 days and I decided it was time to weigh myself. Drum roll please :::: I am officially down 3 lbs! YEE HAW!

To celebrate, I experimented with my most impressive rawcreation to date: raw pizza. My friends Blair & Natalie came over for girls' movie night to try out the goods and gave it the non-raw-vegan-food-eater stamp of approval!

Pizza was my absolute favorite food prior to becoming vegan (and after becoming vegan with cheese-free style pizza), and I tragically thought it would never be a part of my life once becoming raw. Wrong. So wrong....

This little diddly was based on Ani's Raw Food Essentials Garlic Margherita Pizza (page 219). I got a little fancy and dressed it up with some extras (raw olives, marinated mushrooms, rawsage).

Most of the pizza crusts in Ani's books require dehydration, but this one did not (Instant Pizza Crust, page 109)... Next time I am going to try the dehydrated version as this one was a bit thick. Overall, this was a great creation and a pretty one too!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment