Monday, July 12, 2010

Day Fifteen

Yay for 15 days on the raw diet!

I took a slight break from rawsomeness this weekend while on a whitewater rafting trip on the Main Salmon. Thankfully, Mountain River Outfitters rocked my cazbah and made vegan meals for me... I was super thankful for them catering to my high maintenance diet!

Today I am back in the game and since I am super stocked full of kale, herbs, lettuce, and spinach from my dad's organic garden, I took a break from Ani's Uncookbooks and freestyled tonight's menu. Here's what I made:



  • I started with chopping a whole bunch of dinosaur kale
  • Added shredded carrot
  • Chopped onion
  • Chopped chives
  • Food processed fresh basil and sage (from Dad's garden... Love you Dad!)
  • Sesame seeds
  • Sesame oil (not raw, but adds great flavor)
  • Rice Vinegar
  • Mirin (sweet rice seasoning)
  • Avocado

I munched on all this between two pieces of raw celery-flax-sunflower bread from one of Ani's books along with some ketchup (not raw) and dijon mustard. I paired it with a glass of carrot, apple, celery, beet, ginger, kale, and lemon juice and my tummy did a happy dance tonight!

Cha cha cha!

No comments:

Post a Comment