Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day Eleven

Day Eleven marks the celebration of the "Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwich." One might think that being raw would not include such wonderous things as a grilled cheese sandwich. Ani Phyo says think again, my friends.

During my weekend adventures, I snagged a copy of Ani's latest and greatest uncookbook... Ani's Raw Food Essentials. Flip to page 189, and you will discover "Grilled Cheese and Tomato."

This fabuous meal is actually composed of two of Ani's recipes to make one superfabulous dish.

You start with Zucchini Bread (I cheated and made her sunflower bread on page 24)... Made from celery, flax seeds, and sunflower seeds - all food processsed and then dehydrated to make bread.

Then you make "Cheeze Sauce..." from page 103. This was so yummy I brought it to the office for show and taste. It received excellent reviews from my favorite open minded office peeps. It's made from blended cashews, garlic, sea salt, and lemon juice.

Combine the two dishes above with a sliced tomato and voila:


This dish is super quick and so scrumptious, I took a bite before I remembered to take a pic of my creation! The best part is the cheeze sauce, which is thick, tasty, and seriously tastes like melted cheese. Seriously.
Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment